Mar 24, 2008

Article on Ryan Rowland-Smith from Sydney Morning Herald

I came across this on the internet today, and it struck me as being pretty bloody absurd, but also I guess it is an indication of how the world has changed. The headline is 'Latin lesson helps Hunter Mariner find perfect pitch'. That's pretty clever. But the crazy thing is this article is published in a Sydney newspaper, about a Newcastle-born player, playing baseball in the US, and it was written by someone in London! How does that work!!!?


And did I find it in the paper myself? No, I found it because this blog based in Wisconsin found it, and I found the blog. How good is the internet. Anyways, check it out here, it is a good article, and the writer thinks Rowland-Smith will feature prominently in the M's pen this year.

2 comments:

Nathan said...

Cheers Chris. Yeah the M's have been good to Aussies in the past, and hopefully there might be a few more making it through the Rattlers in future

joshat515 said...

Did you get a chance to read this article on RRS from one of our local Seattle papers?

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/mariners/2004188948_mari19.html