Jul 2, 2008

Aussie Updates - Balf makes front page of MLB.com; RRS effective as M's win

Grant Balfour made it to the front page of MLB.com! See it here:


There is also a good article recognising his awesome effort today. You gotta love Balf's approach to the game. He said 'I'll be honest, I love going out there in the ninth inning. I loved going out there tonight. If [Maddon] gives me that opportunity, I'll be more than welcome to take it. Whatever helps the team win....I'm pretty fiery. Just the way I am, I fire myself up. I'm talking to myself out there. That's how I like to be'

It's all good stuff. We love it. Keep up the good work Balf. Hopefully he can get out there and blow away some more Red Sox tomorrow!

Meanwhile, Ryan Rowland-Smith did a pretty good job in his first major league start. He cruised through the first 3 innings against the Blue Jays. He threw stacks of strikes, and was looking real good. He ran into a bit of trouble in the third though, after giving up a hit and a walk and a hit by pitch. He let in 3 runs that inning and was then pulled. His line for the day was 3.2 IP, 4 hits, 3 runs, 1 walk, 1 strikeout, and his season ERA is now back up to 3.05. All in all he did plenty well. The Mariner's couldnt have asked for much more, and he certainly got a big pat on the back after leaving the game. The Mariners went on to win the game in the 9th, after trailing all game, so it was happy times all round.

No comments: