Mar 15, 2011

Where in the world is Brad Harman?

As I have been flicking through the MLB rosters and checking out what is going on in the minor league camps, there is one name that I keep expecting to see but don't.

Brad Harman.

Way back in April 2008 Harman got the call up to the Bigs from Double-A Philadelphia affiliate Reading. He had a handful of appearances and picked up a few hits. He had some 'ok' years in the Minors over the rest of 2008 and through 2009, but then he seems to have disappeared.

Turns out he was suspended by the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority! The Herald Sun reported back in May 2010 that Harman failed to lodge details of his whereabouts with drug officials on three occasions over an 18-month period. He was suspended for 14 months, and is free to resume competition from 26 May 2011.

What a shame.

I wonder if he is still out there slogging it out...

1 comment:

Nicholas R.W. Henning said...

I have a feeling that Brad Harman may make his comeback through the ABL. Given the time of the year it's very hard for players to find a job in baseball. David Welch was still looking for a club the last I heard. Harman makes me wonder where and what Chris Snelling is doing? There are some whispers that Snelling is out of baseball. I hope all these players are well, as they have all provided Aussie baseball fans with lots of good memories.